Sunday, December 9, 2012

A transport to a wilderness program in Utah (

Okay. I woke up at around 3:30 am. My parents and these two men were in my room, telling me that I was being sent to a wilderness program in Utah for an undisclosed time period. I put up little resistance, as I was very disoriented and knew I couldn't escape at that moment. I got dressed and walked out the front door. I didn't even tell my parents goodbye because I was so angry.

I was put into a cramped rental car and drive to the Portland International Airport. During the drive, I was thinking of various escape attempts. Do I wait at a stop light, punch the guy sitting next to me and run for it? Do I ask them to stop at a gas station and make my escape there? I continued thinking about what I was going to do while we pulled into the airport parking lot.

Finally, as I was approaching airport security, I knew I had to at least try something. So I did. I slowed my walking speed and let my transporters walk a little further ahead from me, and then I took off running. They immediately began pursuing me. I ran through the airport, catching frightened looks from people as two men chased me. I made it about 100 yards, and I saw a service door that would lead me into the parking garage. I figured if I could make it there, I could lose them and escape.

Unfortunately I never made it that far. One of the transporters had caught up to me and tackled me with the tenacity of an NFL linebacker. I hit the ground hard, and he put me in a chokehold. I continued to resist, but eventually knew that it was useless. The police were called in because causing such a disturbance at an airport tends to draw a lot of attention. They questioned me; who I was, why I was running away, who these two men with me were, etc. At one point they asked why they were taking me, and began to look suspiciously at my two escorts. Unfortunately, they had proof of custody, so I was helpless.

Since I had tried escaping from my transporters, the airline I was scheduled to fly on decided that I couldn't fly in an airplane. Instead, I had to be driven all the way to Utah. We set out about 15 minutes later. The transporters even made me take my contacts out so that I couldn't see well enough to run away if I tried it again. We only stopped for gas, and for smoke breaks for my transporters. I've never been more upset in my life. I was literally shaking with rage for at least half of the car ride. Since we got into Utah so late, the program wouldn't accept me until the next day, so I spent the night in a hotel room with my transporters, who kept a close eye on me to make sure I wouldn't try to run away in the middle of the night. I was dropped off at my wilderness program the following morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment